WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE
will start again this fall on September 11th at 6:00 pm.
There will be classes offered for children, youth, and adults.
The adult classes will include:
- A Disciple’s Path: This course guides individuals to take the next step in discipleship and become dynamic, engaged followers of Jesus Christ. The study combines a Wesleyan understanding of our growth in God’s love and grace with the time-tested practices of spiritual discipline expressed in the membership vows to uphold the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. Participants will develop spiritual practices, discover their unique gifts, and become engaged in ministry that brings transformation in their own lives, the lives of others, and the world. This class is led by James Cermin and will run for the first five weeks of WNL (September 11th – October 9th). Please sign up in our office.
- Serving From the Heart: God’s plan for the church calls for each member of the Body of Christ to play a vital role. Sometimes we think that serving God is an obligation, a duty, and that it isn’t meant to be enjoyable. The truth is, though, that God wants us to find joy and fulfillment when we serve. That happens when we serve in a role that matches who God created us to be. This 6-week journey of self-discovery helps the student to learn more about how the Body of Christ is intended to function, and what that means to each person. This class is led by Pastor Deborah Proctor and will run for the second six weeks of WNL (October 16th – November 20th). Please sign up in our office.
- Disciple I: Disciple is a program of disciplined Bible study aimed at developing strong Christian leaders. The study gives the Old and New Testaments equal time, emphasizing the wholeness of the Bible as a revelation of God. Disciple draws upon the work of scholars, the personal Bible reading and study of the participant, and dynamic group discussion to aid understanding of the Bible. This course starts on August 21st and lasts for 34 weeks. Each student will need a study manual, which costs $33. Please sign up in the office.
- Disciple II: Disciple: Into the Word Into the World is the second study in the four-phase Disciple program and is prepared for those who are graduates of Disciple I. This study proclaims the transforming power of Scripture while teaching Bible study skills that take participants deeper into the Scripture. The study also emphasizes the rhythm of coming to God and going for God, of being in the Word and in the world individually and corporately. This course starts on August 21st and lasts for 32 weeks. Each student will need a study manual, which costs $33. Please sign up in the office.
- Financial Peace University: We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more! FPU classes meet for around an hour and a half each week for nine weeks. This class is led by Thea Curry-Fuson and Wayne Fuson. Sign up online at http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/classfinder.
- The Legacy Journey: An all-new, seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and the discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small-group activities, you’ll learn a biblical framework for living intentionally now so that later you’ll be able to leave a legacy that will secure your family’s future and make a lasting impact on the world around you. Classes meet for around an hour and a half each week for seven weeks. This class is led by Dan and Pam Kramer. Sign up online at http://www.daveramsey.com/legacy/classfinder.
- Provide and Protect: A Seminar on Wills and Estate Planning: Hear Estate Planning Information from Heartspring Methodist Foundation, receive a free copy of the Provide & Protect book on estate planning, and receive a free Wills Guide and online Internet Wills Planner account. This seminar helps you to learn how to provide for your children and loved ones with special needs and learn about decisions to protect yourself and your property. The class is offered one night one only – September 18th.
- Learning Mahjong: Have you ever wanted to learn how to play Mahjong? Do you not know what Mahjong is, but would like to learn a new game? Join us for a chance to have fun with other people while you exercise your brain. This class is led by Glyn Alice Fuller.
- Introduction to Crocheting: If you would like to learn how to crochet, or if you are already a professional, please join this group. The goal is to create crocheted squares that will be used for a mission project. This class is by Rosa Gallik.
For more information on Adult Ministries, contact Rev. Michael Peschke,